The Freud Stovetop Espresso brewer is a modern version of the old Bialetti Moka Pot. Built from 18/8 stainless steel with wood farmed in the UK, this British design masterpiece produces a dense, intensely flavorful espresso. Just as nice, the wood handle is cool to the touch, unlike traditional plastic handles, making it easy to pour and lovely to look at.
Coffee: 17g Water: 250g Grind: Espresso Brew Time: Variable
Requirements: Freud, stove, coffee, grinder, scale, timer
Brew Key: Turn off heat once espresso has risen to the top chamber
Note: We prefer a 15:1 coffee to water ratio with a 5 grind setting on an Encore grinder
• Fill water to just below release valve in Freud base – do not overfill!
• Add 17 grams of freshly ground coffee
• Set Freud on stove, turn to high
• Listen for espresso rising inside the moka pot
• Remove once water is gone and all espresso is in the top chamber
• Set on a heat resistant pad or other heat-safe surface after pouring espresso
• Clean thoroughly