Superior design, materials and results
From the United Kingdom, this is the best designed home espresso brewer on the planet. Internally built like a Moka Pot, the Freud is crafted of stainless steel, looks like a submarine and produces richly extracted espresso every time.
Notes and Specifications
- Please allow between 10-15 minutes on a medium heat for your Freud Stovetop to finish percolating and ready to serve. Stainless Steel takes longer to heat up, but also has the advantage of taking longer to cool down than aluminum, keeping each shot hot
- Though we recommend hand-washing, stainless steel is safe to go in the dishwasher. However, wooden handles may suffer harm if put in dishwasher
- Wash with a neutral or slightly alkaline detergent
- After washing, remember to dry each piece IMMEDIATELY with a soft clean cloth
- Store stainless steel in a dry non-metal container
The Freud Stovetop Espresso brewer is a modern version of the old Bialetti Moka Pot. Built from 18/8 stainless steel with wood farmed in the UK, this British design masterpiece produces a dense, intensely flavorful espresso. Just as nice, the wood handle is cool to the touch, unlike traditional plastic handles, making it easy to pour and lovely to look at.
Coffee: 17g Water: 250g Grind: Espresso Brew Time: Variable
Requirements: Freud, stove, coffee, grinder, scale, timer
Brew Key: Turn off heat once espresso has risen to the top chamber
Note: We prefer a 15:1 coffee to water ratio with a 5 grind setting on an Encore grinder
• Fill water to just below release valve in Freud base – do not overfill!
• Add 17 grams of freshly ground coffee
• Set Freud on stove, turn to high
• Listen for espresso rising inside the moka pot
• Remove once water is gone and all espresso is in the top chamber
• Set on a heat resistant pad or other heat-safe surface after pouring espresso
• Clean thoroughly